The Physical Education Association of Ireland
The Physical Education Association of Ireland was founded in 1968 at a time when there was growing concern that the future course of Irish Education should be redirected.
The primary objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To improve standards and performance within Physical Education by providing members with opportunities and materials for professional growth, (through the exchange of information and knowledge in the field and related areas).
- To keep members up to date on the latest issues, trends, technologies and legislative developments in P.E. and related areas.
- To support and disseminate outstanding research.
- To safeguard members’ interest by speaking with a strong unified voice on relevant issues.
- To provide national leadership and opportunities to influence policy and direction in P.E.
- To interest public awareness and understanding of the contribution of the Physical Education profession to Irish life